Pastor vacancy information
VACANCY: FULL TIME PASTOR
A comprehensive ministry opportunity!
Our previous pastor’s move interstate leaves this full time position available for ministry 30 minutes north of Brisbane at Morayfield, Queensland, with an all-age, all-stage, socially mixed congregation of approx 120.
We are looking for a pastor to work alongside an established teams of elders, deacons and volunteer ministry workers with youth, kids, families and aged ministries.
This role requires a pastorally gifted preacher who models a humble and genuinely godly life and who is committed to learning from and teaching God’s word with everyday application.
Grace Presbyterian Church Morayfield is a congregation within the Westminster Presbyterian Church of Australia. We praise God for his revealed word in the Bible and hold it as inerrant, infallible and the only rule of faith and life. We are a reformed evangelical church with the Lord Jesus Christ as our head.
Currently, around 120 people attend our Sunday worship service each week, though this varies greatly with the current Covid-19 effects and restrictions. We offer live streaming of our Sunday morning service most weeks. In addition, we run a kids program, youth group, weeknight home groups, a weeknight Bible study via Zoom, coffee group and prayer groups.
Those attending our church range greatly in age – from newborns to over eighties. We are blessed with several families where three generations attend worship regularly.
We praise the Lord with a mix of traditional and modern hymns.
Tasks and responsibilities of successful applicant:
- teach – expositional, topical and textual preaching and teaching of the whole Bible, focusing on Jesus.
- together with a team of ruling elders, pastorally care for families and people of all ages and stages of life within our congregation.
- prepare the weekly order of service, arranging and joining church service leading.
- prepare the weekly church bulletin.
- develop a vision for the church’s growth, outreach, and discipling and training of young leaders.
- oversee church life as the lead pastor, including
- encouraging and supporting teams for: children’s ministries, youth, music, sound, tech/streaming and outreach ministries such as Mainly Music and RI.
- moderate Session meetings, attending the wider church Presbytery and National Assembly meetings, periodically attend Deacons meetings to encourage and support them.
- encourage the development of home/growth group ministries and bible studies.
- help enhance a welcoming environment for visitors.
- cultivate relationships with the wider church, including agencies and missionaries supported by GPCM.
- take advantage of educational opportunities to enhance pastoral skills and develop spiritual gifts.
Heart, skills and experience of successful applicant
- meet the biblical qualifications for the office of pastor.
- preferably have pastoral experience of at least 5 years.
- have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrate this commitment by reflecting grace and love in leading a healthy devotional and moral life.
- have a compassionate pastor’s heart, understand their own sinful heart and their total reliance upon sovereign grace through Jesus Christ, share this amazing grace with fellow sinners to lead them to Jesus and to grow in Him.
- exhibit a consistent life of faith reflecting an emotionally and spiritually healthy, well-balanced individual (e.g. good-willed, cooperative, conscientious, flexible, growing, humble) who is a friendly, easy to approach and talk to person.
- demonstrate a mature Christian character maintaining confidentiality and exercising discretion as well as possessing good standing with former churches and have a good testimony from former leadership teams.
- be committed to the Bible being the inerrant and infallible Word of God and to the Westminster Confession of Faith as a subordinate standard of doctrine.
- be able to apply the Bible’s teachings to the lives of the listeners.
- hold to the Presbyterian form of government, the parity of elders and by attitude and action be a team player within the eldership team.
- enjoy walking with people in their lives to encourage and support them in all seasons of their life.
The successful applicant will need to meet requirements for ordination within the Westminster Presbyterian Church of Australia, available here.